Here are your Puck Headlines: a glorious collection of news and views collected from the greatest blogosphere in sports and the few, the proud, the mainstream hockey media.
• Credit to Getty Images photographer Harry How for this incredible picture of Tuukka Rask, who looks about as heavenly here as he's been playing through the first three games of the Final.
• Doc Emrick's terms for "pass" get the Daft Punk treatment. This is incredible. [ Deadspin ]
• "Before this Stanley Cup Final is over, the Bruins will be our Boys of Summer — on skates. And at this hour they are a feel-good team on a par with the 1967 Red Sox, the 1970 Bruins, and the 2001-02 Patriots." [ Boston Globe ]
• Justin Bourne wasn't a big fan of how Jonathan Toews was used last night. "It’s pretty clear in hindsight that the idea was to trade Toews’ minutes as a wash versus Chara’s (anything gained is a bonus), and leave the rest of the talent to try to beat the Bruins. Wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong." [ Backhand Shelf ]
• Tim Hunter is unlikely to return as an assistant coach for the Washington Capitals. He's been given permission to seek employment elsewhere. [ Washington Post ]
• The Calgary Flames acquire prospect Corban Knight from the Florida Panthers. [ Flames ]
• If you're wondering how Martin St. Louis can be so effective at 38 years old, consider the dude's commitment to fitness: he started his offseason workout plan back in May after taking just two weeks off. [ Tampa Bay Times ]
• The New York Islanders are in the mix for Jonathan Bernier. [ Newsday ]
• Nine guys that might be paid to go away next month. [ Last Word on Sports ]
• Speaking of buyouts, Dany Heatley's injury troubles may make him ineligible for one.[ Star Tribune ]
• Is the branding for the AHL's Utica Comets too derivative of their parent club? I think it is. I'm not a fan of AHL teams looking like the baby version of another club. [ PITB ]
Posted under NHL