Here are your Puck Headlines: a glorious collection of news and views collected from the greatest blogosphere in sports and the few, the proud, the mainstream hockey media.
• Via Reddit user "vucc" , a deleted scene from Game 1.
• Part of the Penguins' plan to get even with the Bruins is by doing a better job in the face-off circle. [ Tribune Review ]
• Why the Bruins' physical play wasn't the sole reason they took Game 1 from the Penguins. [ The Hockey Writers ]
• Claude Julien on the Matt Cooke hit on Adam McQuaid: "And I've said it before, and I'm certainly not going to change my mind because it happened to one of our players, but I've always said that we have to educate our players to not put themselves in vulnerable positions," Julien said. "And I'm not talking necessarily about last night, I'm talking about those kind of things that are happening and right now. Because the rule says you can't hit somebody from behind. Sometimes we take advantage of that rule, and it's dangerous." [ Boston Globe ]
• The Chicago Blackhawks announced they've signed goaltender Antti Raanta, who was the Finnish league MVP this past season. [ Blackhawks ]
• Heading back home, where they're 7-0, should be a confidence booster for the LA Kings as they face a 2-0 deficit to the Blackhawks. [ LA Times ]
• No, there is no CHL goaltending crisis, says Cam Charron. [ Buzzing the Net ]
Posted under NHL