Here are your Puck Headlines: a glorious collection of news and views collected from the greatest blogosphere in sports and the few, the proud, the mainstream hockey media.
• Via reader Steve Diaz: ‘Los Santos Kings’ logo spotted in new Grand Theft Auto V trailers” The perfect jersey to wear when you’re running over digital pedestrians.
• Nashville Predators President of Hockey Operations/General Manager David Poile announced today that the club has signed forward Patric Hornqvist to a five-year, $21.25 million contract. Because he’s one of the few people on their roster that, you know, “scores.” [ Preds ]
• In case you missed it, here’s the big-ass AMA we did with Reddit to preview the playoffs. [ Reddit ]
• Brilliant infographic that explains how much life has changed since the Toronto Maple Leafs last made the postseason. [ Stanley Cup of Chowder ]
• No Dave Bolland or Ray Emery for Game 1 for the Chicago Blackhawks. [ CSN Chicago ]
• The Minnesota Wild will be without Jason Pominville for their Game 1 battle with the Hawks. [ Pioneer Press ]
• Bourne isn’t happy with last week’s report in the NY Post that the New York Islanders might re-brand their colors of Brooklyn. [ Backhand Shelf ]
• The Royal Half is rather ready for the Kings’ series against the Blues. [ TRH ]
• Dean Lombardi on the notion his Los Angeles Kings were Cinderellas last season in winning the Cup: “It’s not a Cinderella run when you’re going 16-4.” [ Y! Sports ]
• Uh oh … Cosmo is back with it’s list of the hottest NHL players of the 2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs. Maxim Lapierre crazy eyes alert! [ Cosmo ]
Posted under NHL