Here are your Puck Headlines: a glorious collection of news and views collected from the greatest blogosphere in sports and the few, the proud, the mainstream hockey media.
• The title of this video is "Overtime Winning Goal", which makes this Bobby Orr-esque play even better.
• Ducks forward Corey Perry had a hearing today with Brendan Shanahan for his hit on Jason Zucker Tuesday night. Now we wait . [ NHL ]
• Nick Cotsonika on Corey Perry and the big decision needed to be made by both he and the Anaheim Ducks. [ Y! ]
• A contingent of NHL execs visited Sochi today as discussions with the IOC and IIHF on allowing players to participate in the 2014 Olympics continued. [ TSN ]
• Meanwhile, KHL president Alexander Medvedev feels if NHL commissioner Gary Bettman derails players going to Sochi he'll be just like an ancient Greek arsonist: “If there’s a negative decision? I think that if Bettman wants the fame of Herostratus then it’s possible, of course, to get it." [ R Sport ]
• While you wait to read the Chicago Blackhawks' Sports Illustrated cover story from this week, here's last week's story by Michael Farber on Gary Bettman. [ SI ]
• The escrow rate for this season will be 20-percent, according to Pierre LeBrun. [ ESPN ]
• The ESPN 30 for 30 doc, "Big Shot", about former New York Islanders "owner" John Spano, directed by Kevin Connolly, will premiere at next month's Tribeca Film Festival. [ Hollywood Reporter ]
Posted under NHL