Here are your Puck Headlines: a glorious collection of news and views collected from the greatest blogosphere in sports and the few, the proud, the mainstream hockey media.
• SHOW HER A [EXPLETIVE] HAT TRICK SID.
• Adam Henrique is back for the New Jersey Devils, but in a limited role. Said Pete DeBoer: “I’ve got a number in my head, but it’s not something that’s concrete.” [ Fire & Ice ]
• The Philadelphia Flyers new top line: Danny Briere, Claude Giroux and Wayne Simmonds. [ Frequent Flyers ]
• Vancouver’s not the only joint with some goalie drama: Michal Neuvirth is getting a fifth straight start for the Washington Capitals for the sake of “stability.” [ Caps Insider ]
• When will the Calgary Flames just give in and rebuild? “Look at the standings. The Flames are at the bottom of them not because of some cosmic injustice or cruel spate of injuries. They’re there because that was going to be their destiny the moment management decided to sprawl out and take comfort in the shade of a Calgary icon and not face the heat over the short term for the betterment of the franchise by moving that icon.” [ THN ]
• Interesting move for the Pittsburgh Penguins, snagging Zach Boychuk off waivers from the Carolina Hurricanes. [ Pensburgh ]
• Wait, so the Boston Bruins vs. Buffalo Sabres game isn’t going to be all punches and pain and stuff? Boooooo …. [ Bruins Blog ]
• Oh, there will be blood if Greg Jamison’s bid for the Phoenix Coyotes goes up in smoke: “Coyotes officials are not commenting on the situation. But privately, officials with or close to the team and city are in the dark regarding the Jamison bid. This comes after voicing some optimism earlier this week he would beat the Jan. 31 deadline. 'Many have been 100 percent duped,' said one local executive who has been close to Coyotes deal.” [ Phoenix Business Journal ]
• Bruce Dowbiggin: “When, not if, Jamison's house of cards collapses, look for Calgary oil $$ to try to ride to Bettman's rescue in Phoenix.” [ @Dowbboy ]
Posted under NHL