Here are your Puck Headlines: a glorious collection of news and views collected from the greatest blogosphere in sports and the few, the proud, the mainstream hockey media.
• PHUTHBERT SIGHTING! "Professional ice hockey player Dion Phaneuf, actors Damon Wayans Jr., Eliza Coupe and Elisha Cuthbert attend The Hollywood Reporter Toasts The Next Gen Class Of 2012 on November 7, 2012 in Los Angeles, California."
• Who do the fans blame for the lockout? A new poll in Canada finds "55 percent blame the owners for the lengthy labor dispute. Twenty-six percent of those polled blame the players." The other 19 percent blame global warming. [ Updated News]
• Scott Burnside believes that the CBA talks will come to define both Donald Fehr and Gary Bettman: "These are the moments that will define this labor dispute, will determine whether there is hockey and how much hockey. By extension, these moments will define the leadership of Fehr and Bettman. There is still enough time to play a meaningful number of games and try and get the game back on a track to prosperity." [ ESPN ]
• Tampa Bay Lightning forward B.J. Crombeen on the CBA talks: "It kind of seems like they're waiting around, waiting for something to happen rather than make it happen, and we feel like we're trying to make it happen, so hopefully it leads to something. They're talking. Whether it's spinning their wheels or not, they're talking, and maybe something will pop into their minds or something will get done. All you can do is try to stay positive." [ Lightning Strikes ]
• Washington Capitals center Mike Ribeiro believes that we'll start the season around Dec. 1. [ CSN Washington ]
Posted under NHL